What is Website Hosting?
A lot of times we get asked –
- how do I create my website, and
- what all do I need to run it?
The answer is a bit intimidating at first, but it’s rather straight forward to understand. Let’s start with what a website is first –
A website is a collection of
- information organized in a well-designed manner, and
- actions that people can take with this information
that is accessible on the internet via the world wide web (www).
The information is collected in different pages, just like in a notebook, but here they are called web pages. A website is made up of a collection of web pages.
Just as in a notebook pages are needed to write down the information, in the case of a website we need a place or a space to store the information. This place or space is technically called website hosting in web design and development lingo.
Another example is the smart phone. A smart phone needs the hardware and software to perform it’s tasks. Website hosting comprises of hardware like – processors, memory, databases, network tools, etc. and a software layer on top of it which is needed to run the websites.
Similar to how the different smartphones come with hardware of varying specifications, website hosting also comes with varying specifications.
They are broadly classified in 3 categories:
- Shared website hosting – the equivalent of the starting-end smart phones
- Cloud website hosting – the equivalent of medium-end smart phones
- Dedicated website hosting – the equivalent of high-end smart phones like the iphones, oneplus, virtu, etc.
The Best Website Hosting Companies – from Shared to Dedicated Website Hosting
Shared Website Hosting
Cloud Website Hosting
- Google Cloud Platform – GCP
- Amazon Web Services – AWS
- Kinsta – only for WordPress websites
- Closte – only for WordPress websites
Dedicated Website Hosting
If you have any questions, do let us know.
To be continued…
What We Do
- Website Design and Development
- Mobile Apps Design and Development
- UX and UI Design
- Branding & Identity Design